1. Stepping motor model number description - SKC’s stepping motor model number is determined by the following:
2. Digital control of speed and position.
3. Open loop system with no position feedback required.
4. Excellent response to acceleration, deceleration and stecommands.
5. Noncumulative positioning error (± 5% of step angle).
6. Excellent low speed/high torque characteristics
without gear reduction.
7. Inherent detent torque.
8. Holding torque when energized.
9. Bidirectional operation.
10. Can be stalled without motor damage.
11. No brushes for longer trouble free life.
12. Precision ball bearings.
For accurate positioning of X-Y tables, plotters, printers, facsimile machines, medical applications, robotics, barcode scanners, image scanners, copiers, etc.
There are three basic types of step motors: variable reluctance (VR), permanent magnet (PM) and hybrid. SKC adopted the hybrid type step motor design because it has some of the desirable features of both the VR and PM. It has high resolution, excellent holding and dynamic torque and can operate at high stepping rate.
In Fig. 5-1 construction of SKC stepping motor is shown. In Fig. 5-2 the detail of rotor construction is shown.
© 2013 Shinano Kenshi Coporation. All rights reserved.